Wednesday, December 28, 2011

From SteveM: 28mm Foundry Gladiator (5 points)


Steve enters the Challenge with this fine gladiator for which he will use with either the 'Savage Worlds' or Warhammer Historical's 'Gladiator' sets of rules.


This is a 28mm Wargames Foundry casting. I can't recall if the Foundry gladiators were sculpted by Mark Copplestone or Steve Saleh. No matter, they are great models with loads of character.


If memory serves, think this 'style' of gladiator was called a Hoplomachus. Gee, this reminds me that Season 3 of Spartacus should be coming out soon! (The first two seasons were nasty as all get out but highly recommended).


 This fellow puts Steve on the board with 5 points. Welcome Steve! 

3 comments:

  1. I am also painting some gladiators, to play with my son, so this Entry is very interesting for me. Great work, Steve.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Juan - Same thing here; but I'm not sure what to do with the topless female gladiators yet. They came in the horde. Maybe I'll make green stuff tops. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)