Monday, February 18, 2013

From John: 28mm Romano-British (96 points)



From JohnM:
I am now more then half way though my Romano-British force for Dux Britanniarum. Just three units of Numeri left to do. Here we have the 2 units of 6 figures each of the Milites as well as 4 Skirmishers with slings. 
All Gripping Beast figures. Each unit of Milites has a banner from LBMS, as are the shield transfers. As the Milites are regular infantry so unlike levy I wanted to keep them uniform, but with less detailed clothing then the 1 elite unit of Comanipulares. 

I thought white looked best. White base, AP Dark Tone, then a dry brush of GW Dry Praxeti White. 

As they can form into a shield wall movement trays were also painted. I have to say that I am really pleased with how these came out. Next up, I will have a small unit that was a spontaneous purchase that I could not just resist.

Wow, these look great John. You're right, the white with red accents complement each other very nicely and your movement trays are excellent as well.

This detachment of Milites and skirmishers along with the flags and shields will give John a tidy 94 points. Well done!

6 comments:

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)